Are you interested in moving your accounting career forward? Are you considering a Master of Accounting but unsure of making the investment? With the University of Massachusetts Boston’s (UMass Boston) MS in Accounting program, you’re guaranteed results that will take your career to the next level.
Opportunities given to UMass Boston MS Accounting students include:
- Qualification for the Uniform Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Exam
- Bloomberg Certification in accounting and finance technologies
- Participation in a Student Managed Fund (SMF) for real world portfolio practice
- Access to networking events, workshops and technologies through the Entrepreneurship Center (EC)
- And more!
With UMass Boston, you can rest assured you’re investing in a Financial Engineering Times top 100 MS in Accounting program. All while filling your resume with certifications, qualifications and experiences to help you put your best foot forward on the competitive job market.
Opportunities for MS Accounting students go far beyond the classroom at UMass Boston. From student clubs to internships and business competitions, UMass Boston makes adding line items to your resume while networking with industry leaders a breeze. Graduate not just with your master’s degree but with experiences that effectively prepare you for the upper echelons of accounting management.
Current extracurricular activities suggested for Accounting students include:
- Bloomberg Certification
- Internship and Career Support
- Net Impact Leadership Club
- The Graduate Business Association
- The Graduate Student Managed Fund
Build more than your resume at UMass Boston—build the foundations for a career in accounting that will take you to the very top of your field.
The Accounting Research Option
Students who are interested in accounting research and teaching are also encouraged to complete the Master’s Thesis Option (MTO). The MTO provides additional distinction to students with a research focus
spanning six credits and two courses. By completing these courses, students will learn how to:
- Perform analytical research basics
- Collect and analyze research materials
- Design a theoretical framework
- Develop research topics
- Present one’s original work
- Write a research proposal and paper
The MTO prepares students interested in teaching accounting in higher education, as well as the basics of accounting research.
A Career-Focused Accounting MS
UMass Boston sees each of its MS Accounting students as a colleague—someone already invested in the field with years of experience. The program strives to build on this base of success to make students even more marketable on the global job market. Learn more about the University of Massachusetts Boston’s MS Accounting Program at our UMass Boston Navitas GSSP webpage.