For many, receiving a world-class engineering education at a top-ranked U.S. university sounds costly. However, Richard Bland College’s guaranteed transfer partnership with Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) makes it easy to blend an elite level of schooling and innovative learning options with unmatched affordability.
International students begin their studies at the two-year Richard Bland College of William & Mary (RBC) after which you have a guaranteed admission to Virginia Tech (or another university partner) to complete a Bachelor of Science in Engineering at one of the top programs in the world.
With access to the resources of two prestigious schools and an average savings of almost $2,000 per class, the RBC to Virginia Tech Engineering pathway offers an ideal plan for building your future.
How the Program Works
After getting accepted to RBC, you’ll begin your studies at the two-year residential college partner to the prestigious College of William & Mary. RBC offers many of the same benefits as a four-year institution, including on-campus housing, vibrant campus life, one on one counselling and a wide range of course options.
After you finish the first two years of general education requirements, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer into Virginia Tech’s top-rated Engineering program (or any of our other 40+ university partners).
The best part? When you graduate, you’ll have a degree that shows your BS in Engineering from Virginia Tech, rated number #14 in the world according to U.S. News & World Report. This means that you get the same degree as your Virginia Tech peers for just a fraction of the price.
The RBC Experience
Some of the most common complaints students share about two-year colleges is that they offer little in terms of student life, have few course options and make it hard for students to feel like part of a community. That’s why RBC modeled their campus after a four-year college, helping make students feel at home right from the start.
To help students get involved at RBC, the school offers:
- On-campus housing communities that host events, foster friendships and even offer free life skills classes (i.e. Cooking 101).
- Multiple Associate degree options that go beyond just a traditional Associate of Arts or Associate of Science. Get a jumpstart on your Engineering career with the AS degree that not only fits your love of engineering but the particular branch you want to study.
- Ranked athletic teams that make continuing the sport you love a breeze. Whether you prefer to compete against other colleges or just engage in some friendly competition with your friends, campus athletics keep you fit while meeting new friends.
- Over 14 student clubs ranging from volunteering, to the arts to academic success. You can even start your own club to join together peers with your same passions on campus – a great opportunity for making friends and finding collaborators.
- Small class sizes to make you more than a face in the crowd, but instead a name your professors and classmates can remember.
Flexibility for Your Future
Plus, if you eventually realize that Virginia Tech Engineering doesn’t offer the future you want, you can choose from one of RBC’s over 40 other direct transfer partners, including the larger Collee of William & Mary campus.
Get a jumpstart on an education in Engineering that will take you to the top of the resume pile at a fraction of the cost. Learn more at our Richard Bland College website.
Guaranteed admissions are based on a minimum GPA requirement as well as completion of all transfer requirements for Virginia Tech. Transfer requirements can be found HERE.