When you arrive on the Queens College campus for orientation, you may already know the basics of life in New York City, but you’ll learn so much more when you choose to call it home for the next four years.
Both the largest and most diverse city in the United States, New York City provides a wealth of opportunities and endless entertainment. With 12 subway routes and over 100 bus routes connecting Queens to Brooklyn and Manhattan, you’ll be able to easily explore all that NYC has to offer, including:
- Times Square—did you know that Times Square is named after the New York Times newspaper?
- Central Park
- Yankee Stadium—take in a baseball game with the New York Yankees!
- Madison Square Garden—check out a concern or cheer on the New York Knicks basketball team!
- The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (also known as “The Met”)
- The Museum of Modern Art
- The New York Public Library—there are over 50 million books available!
- and the over 40,000 businesses located in NYC!
We’re just scratching the surface! There is so much to discover in New York.
If you’re ready to explore New York and Queens for yourself, visit our Queens College page today and begin your application.