If you an international student interested in entering the medical field, the University of Massachusetts Boston’s Bachelor of Science (BS) in Exercise and Health Sciences is the perfect first step.
Housed in the highly-ranked College of Nursing and Health Sciences, UMass Boston’s Exercise and Health Sciences programs prepare students for careers in a variety of exercise and health promotion professions, including:
- Physical Therapy
- Fitness Director
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health
- Health Promotion Practitioner
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Research Scientist
- Sports Medicine
- Healthcare Administration
UMass Boston’s knowledgeable faculty have experience in a variety of areas in exercise and health sciences, including:
- Skeletal muscle metabolism in relation to obesity, diabetes, cancer and exercise
- Effects of mind-body exercise on physical and cognitive functions
- Digital health interventions for diet and physical activity
- Cardiovascular and infectious diseases epidemiology
- Child health and nutrition and childhood obesity prevention
UMass Boston’s Exercise and Health Sciences’ BS includes a solid foundation based on the principles of exercise physiology and physical activity promotion. The program offers the flexibility for students to pursue prerequisite courses for graduate programs in many health professions. Courses include:
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Fitness and Wellness
- Physical Activity and Health
- Statistics for Health Professionals
- Applied Kinesiology
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- and more
Get Hands-on Experience
Students can graduate with valuable, hands-on experience in their preferred field thanks to the Exercise and Health Science Undergraduate Internship.
Want to Learn More?
If you’re interested in studying Exercise and Health Sciences at UMass Boston, apply to the UMass Boston Navitas Global Student Success Program. The Navitas GSSP allows you to become a UMass Boston student from day one, while still providing you the academic and social support you need when transitioning to a new school and country.